Buying a franchise requires a lot of research, complicated decisions and more than a little soul searching. Most people feel a little overwhelmed when they get started down the road to franchise ownership. Take your time. Educate yourself and make sure that buying a franchise is really the best decision for your unique circumstances. The AAFD is here to help. Our mission is to support franchise owners, independent dealers, and those considering buying a franchise.
Below is a treasure trove of information from the AAFD to guide your search and help answer your franchising questions. Our franchise resources include a concise AAFD Road Map to Selecting a Franchise, a list of AAFD Accredited Franchisors, educational articles on different aspects of owning a franchise, information on your rights as a franchisee, referrals to the very best franchise attorneys and more.
New in 2013, the AAFD is introducing our new Franchise Evaluation Tool! This valuable resource enables investors to easily grade a specific franchise opportunity against the AAFD’s Eight Criteria for Buying a Franchise, the Franchisee Bill of Rights, and to enable a side-by-side comparison of various opportunities you are considering. This new tool is included in AAFD Associate Membership and the AAFD Franchisee Info-Pak.
If you do decide to buy a franchise, you’ll also want to make sure that you become an AAFD Member. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting franchisees and establish strong and supportive relationships between franchisees and their franchisors. Take a look at our story, and you’ll see why you need us in your corner.
Enjoy these great Franchise Resources from the AAFD
- The AAFD Info-Pak℠ for Prospective Franchisees
- FREE Download of The AAFD Road Map to Selecting a Franchise
- The AAFD Bookstore – Recommended books and software available from Amazon.com.
- The AAFD Useful Links – Franchise useful Links and Info on the Web
- The AAFD’s Fair Franchising Standards - The definitive guide to fair franchising practices.
- Franchisee LegaLine - The AAFD’s exclusive network of franchise counsel focused on franchisee representation.
- AAFD Accredited Franchisors - Fair Franchising Seal Recipients and AAFD Accredited Contracts support Total Quality Franchising!
- AAFD Fair Franchising Seal Recipients - A listing of franchising companies that have been accredited by the AAFD as having fair franchise agreements and excellent relations with their franchise owners.
- The Franchisee Bill of Rights
- The Eight Things to Look For in a Franchise Opportunity
- AAFD Membership!