The American Association of Franchisees and Dealers (AAFD) is calling on all franchisee association leaders to participate in what it projects to be the largest ever gathering of franchisee association owners. The four-day first ever virtual “Franchisee Leadership Summit” will offer franchisee association leaders the opportunity to identify and discuss the common challenges franchisees face and to work together to cultivate more fairness and collaboration within the franchising industry.
“The AAFD Franchisee Leadership Summit will be an unprecedented opportunity to unite the negotiating and political leverage of franchisees nationwide,” said Robert Purvin, Chairman of the AAFD. “We are going to have some of the most forward-thinking thought leaders and franchisee advocates working together in common cause to advocate for fair and balanced franchise relationships.”
WHEN: Wednesday, June 23rd – Saturday, June 26th starting at 11am EST/8AM PST
WHERE: Virtual Conference sponsored by RingCentral® and Access Retirement Solutions
WHAT: Confirmed conference topics include:
- Empowerment of strong and effective independent franchisee associations, and especially AAFD chapters!
- Protection of franchisee ownership equity, markets, and profit margins
- The Federal Government’s Rediscovered Interest in Franchising – the Masto Report on Franchise Abuses and Federal and State Regulatory Initiatives in 2020 and 2021, with planned special appearances by: Senator Catherine Cortez Masto, US Senator from Nevada
- FTC Commissioner (and Nominee as Director of the US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) Rohit Chopra
- FTC Commissioner Nominee, Lina Kahn
- Jan Schakowsky (IL-9), Chairwoman, Consumer Protection & Commerce Subcommittee of the House Energy & Commerce Committee
- AAFD Total Quality Franchising Legacy Award Recipient, Dale Cantone, Assistant Attorney General for Maryland, and Chair of the Franchise and Business Opportunity Committee/Project Group of the North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc. (“NASAA”)
- AAFD TQF Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, Robert Zarco
- Franchisee issues and opportunities surrounding the “joint employer” legal debate
- Working to achieve fair and balanced franchise agreements that respect franchisee interests
- Promoting best practices for franchisee associations
- Market Power Trade Show and Networking with AAFD Sponsors
- Total Quality Franchising Awards, June 24th, 7:00-8:30 p.m. ET (4:00-5:30 p.m. Pacific)
Franchisee association leaders, as well as individual franchise owners, are encouraged to attend the entire four-day conference. Be sure to inquire about group discounts and many participating AAFD Chapters are underwriting FREE member attendance! Those interested in learning more about or registering for the summit and/or full conference can visit www.AAFD.org/conference. Full agenda can also be found on the website.