Part 5 of a 10-Part Series on the AAFD Road Map to Buying a Franchise.
If you read my previous blog post on the top eight franchising resources, then you know why it’s so important to educate yourself about the franchising industry before and after you invest a large portion of your money, time, and soul into a franchise business.
The Internet is also a great place to research and learn about franchising. There are many websites, blogs, and ezines filled with franchising news and information. There’s so many good franchise resources, in fact, that the sheer amount of information available may become overwhelming (yes, we’re officially in the “Too Much Information Age”).
I’m guessing you don’t have 24 hours a day to devote to finding and digesting all of the franchise information out there on the web, so here’s my short and sweet list of top online franchise resources:
- The American Association of Franchisees and Dealers (you knew this was going to be at the top of the list, right?)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- Cal-EASI Database of Franchise Filings
Consumer (may include ads)
- Bluemaumau.org, the world’s premier blog about franchising news.
- eAuth.com, a network of consultants that connect franchise buyers with franchises.
- The Franchise Business Review
- Franchise Help, a top franchise directory
- FranchWire.com, a website dedicated to information and news of relevance to franchisees and franchisors.
- FranSurvey.com, a site that provides franchise ratings and reviews
- Franchise Times, news and information about franchising
- The Franchise Handbook Online, a directory of franchise opportunities.
- FranchiseKnowHow.com, news, information, and resources about the franchise industry
- Franchising.com, a complete franchise resource
- Franchise.org, International Franchise Association
- UFOCS.com, a searchable library of over 6,400 franchise concepts