Griswold Home Care Named Franchisor of the Year; Michael Garner Recognized for Lifetime AchievementFEB, 2017: SAN DIEGO, CA — The American Association of Franchisee and Dealers (AAFD) has announced nominations for the AAFD Total Quality Franchising awards for 2017. Notable honorees include Griswold Home Care as AAFD’s Franchisor of the Year and nationally recognized attorney, W. Michael Garner, who will receive the AAFD Award for Lifetime Achievement.
Additionally, Keith Miller, Chairman of the Coalition of Franchisee Associations (CFA), and Ronald K. Gardner Jr., managing partner of nationally recognized law firm Dady and Gardner P.A., have been selected to receive the Total Quality Franchising Chairman’s Award for Distinguished Service and Achievement in the Franchising Community.
[See separate follow-on releases with details about the AAFD’s recognition of Griswold Home Care, Michael Garner, and the AAFD’s Chairman’s Awards for 2017.]
The AAFD also announced nominees for other 2017 Total Quality Franchising Awards categories. These awards recognize the AAFD’s leading members and chapters. The awards will be presented at the Total Quality Franchising Awards Banquet on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, as part of the AAFD’s 25th Anniversary Franchisee Leadership Summit in Indian Wells, CA.
In announcing the AAFD’s Total Quality Franchising Award nominees, AAFD Chairman Robert Purvin said, “The most satisfying and treasured privilege of my office is to recognize the superlative efforts and achievements of our members and others who have exemplified the AAFD’s vision of collaborative franchising relationships. In 2017, we are truly blessed to honor many distinguished individuals who are making a difference for franchising and for their specific brands.”
AAFD 2017 Total Quality Franchising nominees are:
Franchisee Member of the Year Nominees:
- David Alexander and Reed Morgan, President and Vice President of the IABF, an independent association of BNI® franchisees
- Mark Carpenter, President of the Home Services® Franchise Owners Association (HSFOA) an association of Direct Energy brand owners
- Meg Marin, past President of the Griswold Home Care Franchisee Association (GHCFA)
- Mike Mack, Director, Trustee, and Treasurer of SMFOA, an independent association of ServiceMaster® franchisees
- Paul Wichman, Chairman of the BrightStar Independent Franchisee Association (BIFA)
Supporting Member of the Year Award Nominees:
- Claudia Bolognesi, Inventiva Design
- David Levaton, Franchise Legal Support
- David Silverman, Fullerton Insurance Service
- Michael Garner, Garner & Ginsburg, P.A.
AAFD Chapter of the Year Award Nominees:
- Griswold Home Care Franchisee Association
- HSFOA Direct Energy Brand Franchisees
- IABF, an independent association of BNI Franchisees
- SMFOA, an independent association of ServiceMaster® franchisees
Rookie Chapter of the Year Award Nominees:
- BrightStar Care Independent Franchisee Association (BIFA)
- Home Services® Franchise Owners Association (HSFOA) – Direct Energy Brand Franchisees
- IABF, an independent association of BNI franchisees
- Independent Association of SYNERGY HomeCare Franchisees (IASHF)
AAFD Trailblazer Award Honorees:
- Jerry Winkley, Founder and past President of the SMFOA
- Mark Carpenter, President of the HSFOA
- Paul Wichman, Chairman of BIFA
- Renato Maiorana, Membership Chair for GHCFA
- Rick Kagen, Steering Committee Chair of the IAMJF
- The entire steering committee of the Independent Association of BNI Franchisees
The Total Quality Franchising Awards gala and banquet is the crown jewel of the AAFD’s 25th Anniversary Franchisee Leadership Summit and Annual Meeting. The four-day event, taking place from April 30 to May 3, 2017, is slated to bring together the largest ever gathering of franchisee associations. It promises to offer attendees great networking, education, and comradery opportunities as well as a chance to redefine what it means to pursue Total Quality Franchising in the modern era. To learn more about the leadership summit and conference, visit www.AAFD.org/conference.